MM 3-49: Monochrome Madness
It is so crazy here, so many things happening, I wasn’t sure I would get this post done today. Here we are and it seems I’m going to get it done.
Next week is the theme, Culture. I think many are struggling with it, so I ‘m going to give you some ideas. Melbourne is known for its coffee culture, so photographs of coffee, people having coffee. Melbourne has lots of trams that make it a bit more unique. Melbourne is also known for its lane ways and graffiti. Think about what makes where you are more unique.
Today I went to the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show. I couldn’t spend as much time there as I would have liked, but it was good to take a look around. I will be going a fair bit over the next few days. I decided to experiment with depth of field on some dahlias. I do love them, and I really like this one. I thought it looked good in monochrome as well.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ Disperser Tracks
- 2/ One Day | One Image
- 3/ Rainbow Junkie
- 4/ macquie
- 5/ JIM VAN ITERSON PHOTOGRAPHY
- 6/ MyBlog – solaner
- 7/ The World Is a Book…
- 8/ Ritva’s Art- Photography
- 9/ Pilot Fish
- 10/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 11/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 12/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 13/ gottatakemorepix
- 14/ Planet M
- 15/ rainy day reflections
- 16/ P N C O
- 17/ Stupidity Hole
- 18/ THE RUNES OF THE GATEKEEPER’S DAUGHTER
- 19/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.