Did you notice the name change? More the number. I decided that instead of doing it in years, we would just record how many times we have done MM, and when it was all added up there have been 192. Another way to look at it is that I have done an image for every MM except for once, so I have done 191 monochrome images that I might not have done otherwise. How many have you done?
Don’t forget that as of next week MM will be a day earlier, so Wednesday mine time.
The next theme is the first week of February, and will be the Wednesday now, so the 7th of February. The theme is graffiti or street art.
Here is an image that I took last week around the end of the day. It had been a hot day, so it was not great for photos, unfortunately. It was also horrible being out in the heat. Summer seems to have been going on forever, yet we are only half way through it. It really takes a toll. We are expecting 39°C today, so a good day to stay indoors with the air conditioner on. Anyway, this is a cityscape of the Melbourne skyline. The clouds were great, so I wanted to highlight them a little.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ Disperser Tracks
- 2/ MyBlog – solaner
- 3/ Serendipity – Searching for Intelligent Life On Earth
- 4/ JIM VAN ITERSON PHOTOGRAPHY
- 5/ MONOCHROME MONDAYS
- 6/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 7/ The World Is a Book…
- 8/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 9/ One Day | One Image
- 10/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 11/ rainy day reflections
- 12/ macquie
- 13/ ARTKORPPI II
- 14/ Stupidity Hole
- 15/ Crosbyman66
- 16/ gottatakemorepix
- 17/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.