MM 4-34: Theme Holidays
That was a longer break that I had thought I was going to take, but I’m back now and ready to get this show on the road, as the saying goes. Things are going to have to change, there are so few entries this week, I have to ask myself “has MM had its day?”
We have some options, I now have the group on Facebook, called TPM members photos, it is quite an active group and the last few MMs I have put something up there and many others have been putting up their monochrome images as well. I could move MM there, and there could be a theme each week. I think I am going to do that, and then the themes that we do here could still be the first week of the month. I will go back to doing it on Wednesdays so it is a midweek challenge. I just have to question whether this is worth the effort. The reasons people give for not wanting to do it anymore don’t always seem right, apparently things like getting comments is more important that the challenge itself. Thoughts please???
It is holiday season here in Melbourne, the summer holidays. The first two weeks after Christmas are the busiest times of the year around here. The city is thumping with people as they go about what they are doing. People are sightseeing, people are moving, and people are drinking. This outdoor bar is very busy and is a common scene at this time of the year. They have another couple on the river that were full of people as well.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ TedBook
- 2/ MyBlog – solaner
- 3/ The World Is a Book…
- 4/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 5/ Stupidity Hole
- 6/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 7/ rainy day reflections
- 8/ macquie
- 9/ P N C O
- 10/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.