Tasmanian Wanderings – Arriving and getting around

The boat pulled in very early in the morning and we drove off the boat.

We were greeted with a grey chilly morning, but who cares about that when you are on holidays?

The first place we headed was the Mersey Bluff Lighthouse. It is a gorgeous one, but it was so cold there.

I also got to use the Fujifilm X-T5 for the first time, I think I want one.

I took lots of photos of it, but I’m too tired to do anything about them now, but I did do another quick one for you.

Besides the lighthouse images, the rest were taken with my phone.

After that, we went to the Drift Cafe and had breakfast. I got the most amazing coffee. They said it was the small one, but it was the largest one I have seen for being small.

You can see the size with the cup and saucer beside it.

Unfortunately, the breakfast wasn’t great. Parts of it were, but the poached eggs were more like hard-boiled eggs. I don’t like eggs like that.

We were told a walk along the bluff was nice so we did that.

We got to see more of the coastline and then the lighthouse popped up again.

Loved seeing the orange rocks again too.

We left Devonport then and started the trek to Stanly. One of the first places we went to was Broad Acres.

Interesting place, if you are in Australia and like pickled onions then you no doubt know about Blue Banner pickled onions. They are the best ones here.

We found the place that bottles them and pickles them, but maybe not in that order.

They also bottle them under their own name. I’m sorry I can’t remember what they were called, but I will do another post on the place when I get home.

One thing they offered was a pickled onion tasting. Never done one before, but it was fun. We also did wine tasting too, but we aren’t really into the wines, so were more interested in pickled onions. We came away with a few jars.

Take a look at the tasting.

So good.

After that we made our way to Penguin. A cute little town. No phone photos from there, but lots with the X-T5 so photos of the rest of the places will come later.

We also stopped at another lighthouse, the Cape Table Lighthouse.

We finally arrived at Stanley at around 2.30 and went to the Highfields historic site and home. It was an interesting place and I will definitely be doing a post on that place when I get home.

It has been a very busy day and I have to admit I’m whacked. I did not sleep well on the boat. I don’t know if it was because the room was so bright, or the noise of the engines or because the bed was uncomfortable. I am really looking forward to getting to bed tonight and sleeping.

On that note I’m going to say good night and talk to you after another day wandering around.

You might be interested in …


    1. It didn’t disappear, but since you left another one I deleted the other one. Thank you so much Janet, I love clouds. It was indeed very long, was so glad to go to sleep that night.

Chat with me

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Discover more from LEANNE COLE

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading