We made it, here we are at our third anniversary. It is an amazing feat, and I’ve met some amazing people through the process. MM certainly isn’t what it was in the beginning, and while it didn’t grow like I thought it would, it is good that it didn’t stop. There have been many people that did it once and no longer do, and I do miss them. Still, there have been new contributors along the way as well. Will we see a fourth anniversary, I’m not so sure, but time will tell.
Next weeks MM will be 4-1
I went to see an exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria, it was a photography exhibition by Bill Henson. I’ve seen his work before, but it had never had the effect on me that yesterdays did. I went to sleep last night with his images swimming in my head. I wondered if they affected me more now, because I’m ready to change some things and I liked what I saw more. I played around with this image and did some things that were a little different. I don’t know if they work, or if I even like them, but I’m excited about trying some new things. This is the Seafarers Bridge and taken from a spot that I haven’t photographed from before. I might have to try it again.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ StillWalks
- 2/ Truels’ Blog
- 3/ One Day | One Image
- 4/ Disperser Tracks
- 5/ MyBlog – solaner
- 6/ The World Is a Book…
- 7/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 8/ TRAVEL WITH INTENT
- 9/ rainy day reflections
- 10/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 11/ MONOCHROME MONDAYS
- 12/ macquie
- 13/ gottatakemorepix
- 14/ Cardinal Guzman
- 15/ Stupidity Hole
- 16/ ARTKORPPI II
- 17/ Sliku svoju ljubim II
- 18/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.