MM 4-11: Theme, Wild
Welcome to another week of Monochrome Madness and this week it is time for the them, WILD. It was a great one I think and the difference in the entries shows a lot of different interpretations.
The theme for the first week of August will be SEASON. As always your interpretation. I always get so angry when people will do a season for a theme, but they pick a particular one because that is what it is in the Northern Hemisphere, and so it isn’t relevant to us. I could do that and say we all do Winter, but that wouldn’t be fair either. I think Season and whatever it is where you are is better, I hope you agree.
Before I went down to the Great Ocean Road I knew I wanted to get my photo for the theme there, however, I thought I would be getting waves crashing on rocks or something like that. When I went out to the rocks in Apollo Bay what I saw were massive waves breaking in the water and rolling in further. They had so much spindrift coming off them I knew a photo of them would be perfect for the theme of Wild.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ dpb photos
- 2/ THROUGH MY LENS
- 3/ The World Is a Book…
- 4/ Disperser Tracks
- 5/ THE SHADY TREE
- 6/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 7/ One Day | One Image
- 8/ LETTERS FOR BREAKFAST
- 9/ MyBlog – solaner
- 10/ MONOCHROME MONDAYS
- 11/ DBisley Photographer
- 12/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 13/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 14/ gottatakemorepix
- 15/ ARTKORPPI II
- 16/ macquie
- 17/ Stupidity Hole
- 18/ Rajiv Chopra
- 19/ rainy day reflections
- 20/THE RUNES OF THE GATEKEEPER’S DAUGHTER
- 21/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.