MM 4-16: Monochrome Madness
Here we are again, the week has snuck up on me. I’m also running late again. I spent all day yesterday playing with some new software, can’t tell you about it yet, but soon. Shall we take a look at Monochrome Madness for this week?
Oh, first, the next theme is Tree or Trees, you take, dead or live, leaves or none. As always, your interpretation.
On another note, can you please make sure your images are no more than 1000 pixels on the longest side. Every week I have to resize some of them. I look forward to not having to do this.
I have just been up to my mum’s and she suggested we take a drive to Lascelles to see the latest silos that have been painted. They have painted two people on them, a husband and wife, but the way they have done them you can’t get them in the same photo. The other problem you have is that while it is good to photograph one end, when you go to the other the sun is in the way. It is the same for both ends. The other thing, is that the end with the woman has a massive shed so it is very hard to get a good image of that one. I was disappointed about that. This image seemed like a great shot to do in monochrome, though not a long exposure. I did do some, but there were too many clouds and the background was just white.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ LETTERS FOR BREAKFAST
- 2/ Disperser Tracks
- 3/ One Day | One Image
- 4/ MyBlog – solaner
- 5/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 6/ Pilot Fish
- 7/ The World Is a Book…
- 8/ MONOCHROME MONDAYS
- 9/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 10/ PK Photography
- 11/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 12/ gottatakemorepix
- 13/ rainy day reflections
- 14/ macquie
- 15/ StillWalks
- 16/ Stupidity Hole
- 17/ THE RUNES OF THE GATEKEEPER’S DAUGHTER
- 18/ janthina images – photo journal
- 19/ ARTKORPPI II
- 20/ SADsoft Photos
- 21/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.