This one caught me by surprise. I thought I had weeks to go and then on the weekend I realised it was now. So amazing that we are at another theme already. It has been lots of fun to see all the images coming in.
We need to come up with a new theme, I was given one idea, believe or belief, I am not sure about it, but if you want to do it then we will go ahead, but I’m open to other suggestions.
When this theme was first announced someone said something about what sort of images people would show, so I took it as a challenge to do something different. I’ve been trying to work out how to do this, but I wanted to get the movement of people, something like a modern day take on a John Bracks painting, 5pm Collins Street.It was getting dark, partly because of the time of day, but also because it was raining, so the ground was really wet. I got a slow enough shutter speed so you can see the people moving, but not too slow that they disappear. I hope you think it is different enough.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ Ritva’s Art- Photography
- 2/ over50travel.blog
- 3/ One Day | One Image
- 4/ Peter Pritchard
- 5/ janthina images – photo journal
- 6/ DBisley Photographer
- 7/ Truels’ Blog
- 8/ MyBlog – solaner
- 9/ The World Is a Book…
- 10/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 11/ Cardinal Guzman
- 12/ Planet M
- 13/ Stupidity Hole
- 14/ THE RUNES OF THE GATEKEEPER’S DAUGHTER
- 15/ The Girl Who Clicked
- 16/ macquie
- 17/ LOTSASMILES PHOTOGRAPHY
- 18/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 19/ rainy day reflections
- 20/ Disperser Tracks
- 21/ TRAVEL WITH INTENT
- 22/ P N C O
- 23/ gottatakemorepix
- 24/ ARTKORPPI II
- 25/ THE SHADY TREE
- 26/ Leanne Cole
Monochrome Madness each week and if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Thursday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.